The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 一线城市新房供应走低 存销比创去库存新低值
- Fixed Income Securities
- 家居卖场现状惨淡 品牌独立店抢食市场
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 全国百城住宅库存量回到7年前 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 财政部部长刘昆：今年财政资金更多向创新驱动、“三农”、民生等领域倾斜 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 杭州8月二手房成交环比下降34% 中介启动应急模式: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 宜家中国电商业务筹备中 能复制实体店的成功？ to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
The best bosses understand that there must be a balance between the company or client’s needs and the needs of his or her employees. The best bosses are willing to listen and talk about any issues an employee may be having because they understand that a happy employee is a more productive employee。
As impressive as those saving gains might look now, they could easily be swallowed as rising rates of illness place a greater burden on society.
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- For parents, it is always a struggle to carry their children all day long, especially when they’re getting bigger and heavier.
- 家居建材“样板”敢买不？ 商家：难以退换
- 家居建材行业早春淘金 线上线下并非零和博弈
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
9. Mila Kunis - $11 million